MITK ReleaseNotes 2018.04.2
MITK 2018.04.2 is a bugfix release based on the 2018.04 release. You find a list of all bug fixes and new features below.
What is included?
Binary installers for Windows, Ubuntu 16.04 and later, as well as macOS Mojave are provided, which contain the MITK Workbench application. In addition to image loading/saving and level windowing, the following plugins are included:
- New: NVIDIA AI-Assisted Annotation, see Nvidia Annotation Plugin for details
- Interactive Segmentation
- Registration (MatchPoint)
- Volume Visualization
- Image Cropper
- Pointset Interaction
- Movie Maker
- Screenshot Maker
- View Navigator
- experimental Multi-label segmentation
- experimental DICOM Query/Retrieve (based on components from the Common Toolkit CTK)
Please note that the installers neither contain the source code nor header files of the precompiled libraries. To develop applications or plug-ins with MITK please get the source code.
How to get it?
See our download page. Please note that the NVIDIA AI-Assisted Annotation enabled MITK Workbench installers are provided separately.
We are happy to announce that we, in a cooperation with NVIDIA, integrated the NVIDIA AI-Assisted Annotation in the form of two new Segmentation tools. These tools use the power of the NVIDIA GPU cloud to greatly accelerate the segmentation of organs with only a few clicks. More information.
Bugfixes and features in MITK v2018.04.2 are mainly related to the Segmentation plugin and build system:
- Improve initial path when opening and saving files and consider paths of parent nodes
- Support applications in MITK extensions
- Support build configurations in MITK extensions
- Support external segmentation tools (class names must end in SegTool2D or SegTool3D)
- Support themed SVG icons on segmentation tool buttons
- Allow module-external interactions in segmentation tools
- MITK versioning is based on git describe, producing more accurate version strings
These are bugs fixed since MITK 2018.04.0
- Multi-layer/multi-label segmentation to surface conversion did not work
- Masks of segmentation labels could not be created in arbitraty segmentation layers
- Wrong segmentation tool cursor was shown in some circumstances
- Segmentation label context menu crashed when there was no label
- Opacity of segmentations could not be changed properly
- Paintbrush segmentation tool produced gaps in stroke in 3d+t images
- Fill and Erase segmentation tools did not work in 3d+t images
- Live Wire segmentation tool did not work in 3d+t images
- Live Wire segmentation tool crahsed when changing slices
- Segmentation tool factories were not unregistered
- Build-tree versions of the MITK Workbench on Linux needed several starts to eventually start up
- Clang linker was missing a Qt5X11Extras dependency on Linux
- Boost build script failed when executed after PCRE build
- GCC and Clang generated various build warnings
- DICOM plugin in macOS installers did not start up
- Latest CMake FindOpenGL scripts produced warnings regarding legacy vs. GLVND OpenGL
- CMake 3.10 or later
- Qt 5.11.1 or later
- Minimum required compiler versions
- Latest version of Visual Studio 2017
- GNU 5.4 or later recommended
- Apple LLVM 10.0 or later recommended
Third-party toolkit updates
- Poco 1.9
In the 3 months since the last release, 13 tasks in our bug tracker were resolved with 56 commits.
- This page was last modified on 15 March 2019, at 09:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,063 times.