MITK ReleaseNotes 2014.10
This is the 2014.10 release of the MITK release cycle. The complete list of new features, bug fixes and known issues is down on this page.
Binary installers for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux are provided, which contain the MITK Workbench application. In addition to image loading/saving and level windowing, the following plugins are included:
- Volume Visualization
- Interactive Segmentation
- Logging View
- experimental DICOM Query/Retrieve (based on components from the Common Toolkit CTK)
The following plugins have been newly added in this version:
- Optimize and resample your surface meshes
- Pointset Interaction:
- Place seedpoints, correspondences, or landmarks
- Image Cropper:
- VOI selection based on various shapes
- View Navigator:
- Easily access views and perspectives & create new perspectives
- Screenshot Maker:
- Create high resolution screenshots of your data
- experimental Movie Maker:
- Create videos of your data using timeline based animations
- experimental Point-based, rigid and manual registration
Please note that the installers do not contain the source code or header files for the precompiled libraries. To develop applications or plugins with MITK please get the source code.
How to get it?
Please have a look at the download page.
Highlights of 2014.10 release
- Support for CMake 3.0
- Recommended Doxygen version is now 1.8.7
- Mac OS X
- MITK Workbench Installers for Mac OS X 10.7+
- Full support for MITK development on Mac OS X 10.9
- Full support for clang 6.0 compiler
- Dropped support for gcc compiler
The MitkCore module gained the following new features:
- New I/O concept based on new new IFileReader and IFileWriter interfaces
- Vector image support has been added to mitk::Image and the ITK access macros
- Image read and write accessors together with ITK macros now handle const and non-const mitk::Image instances correctly
- Ongoing refactoring of the geometry classes:
- New abstract BaseGeometry class
- New inheritance of geometry classes
- Geometry2D replaced by existing PlaneGeometry
- All variables are private now
- More information here
The CppMicroServices library now features:
- Usage of arbitray classes as service interfaces without the need to decorate the class with a US_DECLARE_SERVICE_INTERFACE macro.
- Improved static library handling.
- Improved resources system based on embedded zip files.
The following modules were newly added or factored out from existing modules:
- DICOMReader and DICOMTesting for advanced reading of DICOM files
- DicomRT for handling Radio-Therapy dose images and RT structure sets
- LegacyIO containing the deprecated I/O system (this module will be removed again in the future)
- QtOverlays containing Qt-based overlays (factored out from the Overlays module)
- XNAT (experimental) for accessing XNAT session objects as service objects
- Reworked Python-Wrapping: More information here.
The 3D interpolation has been improved in many areas:
- Speed-up of interpolation time
- Undo/Redo working
- Live Wire tool is now also working in combination with the 3D interpolation
- Save 3D interpolation as a MITK scene file and reinit interpolation across application restart
- New icon theme
- New persistence framework to store GUI parameters until next start of the application
- New design of the navigation data player
The following toolkits were updated:
- Boost (1.56)
- CTK (65420ed0)
- Qxt (3e7424f842d4)
- VTK (6.1.0+74f4888)
The following third-party toolkits were added to the MITK superbuild:
The documentation contains a detailed list of deprecated functionality. Please find a summary below:
- The previous I/O system has been deprecated and will be removed in the future.
- Some MITK macros for C++ unit testing have been deprecated.
- The Qxt library will not be included anymore starting with the next release
- Early announcement: The next release will be based on Qt5. Qt4 support might be declared deprecated in the next release and dropped in the release after next.
Breaking changes related to CTK:
- The syntax for specifying library versions when pre-loading them using berry::Platform::ARG_PRELOAD_LIBRARY changed from *libMyLibrary:1.0* to *libMyLibrary$1.0* (fixing a bug when using absolute library paths on Windows).
Breaking changes related to CppMicroServices:
- The signature of the usFunctionEmbedResources CMake macro changed.
- If a service interface was used in qobject_cast calls (e.g. in the CTK Plugin Framework context) and that service interface does not inherit from QObject and does not provide its own Q_DECLARE_INTERFACE macro, the newly introduced MITK_DECLARE_SERVICE_INTERFACE macro must be used (instead of the US_DECLARE_SERVICE_INTERFACE macro). See this code for an example.
In the 8 months since the last release more than 400 bugs were fixed.
Not everything could be fixed in time, so here are the most important known issues
New feature list
Complete list of new features since MITK 2014.10:
- This page was last modified on 8 January 2015, at 11:54.
- This page has been accessed 25,176 times.