MITK ReleaseNotes 2012.09
This is the second release in the new MITK release cycle. The complete list of new features, bug fixes and known issues is down on this page.
There are binary installers for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Additional to the basic plugins of our first release ( visualization, measurement and interactive segmentation) two new plugins are included: a new logging view and a experimental plugin for DICOM Import and Query/Retrieve based on components from the Common Toolkit CTK.
The application itself was renamed from ExtApp to MITK Workbench. Please note that the installers do not contain the source code or header files for the precompiled libraries. To develop applications or plugins with MITK please get the source code.
How to get it?
Please have a look at the download page.
Highlights of 2012.09 release
- Upgraded the VTK version in the superbuild to VTK 5.8 with an option to select VTK 5.10
- Core library:
- Loading and saving 2D images with 3D geometry is now possible
- New guidelines and utility macros for consistent exception handling
- Improved logging system handling MITK and third-party log messages
- Support for loading tilted gantry images
- Event notification policy for the mitkGlobalInteraction. The GlobalInteraction class can now be told to inform only the one listener who can handle the event best.
- CanHandleEvent function for StateMachine. Like interactors the statemachine now has a CanHandleEvent function too.
- Improved/faster rendering of binary images
- The main application executable has been renamed from ExtApp to mitkWorkbench and is now referred to as the MITK Workbench
- Experimental DICOM Query/Retrieve support via our new DICOM Plugin
- Renamed "transversal" orientation to more commonly used "axial"
- New doxygen command to mark functions as deprecated
- Improved documentation structure
- Completely VTK-based reslicing, i.e. faster and more accurate contouring in rotated slices
- New Otsu threshold segmentation
- Fixed crosshair rotation during contouring
- Undo/Redo is now working for contouring in rotated slices
- Exception handling concept for MITK IGT
- Integration of ToF endoscope
- MITK Diffusion:
- There will be a new MITK Diffusion release based on MITK 2012.09 soon
- Video Support:
- OpenCV 2.4.2 included in our super build
- Histogram boundaries of the statistic view are no longer limited
- Fixed crash of the statistics view when using it together with the segmentation plugin
- Calculation of the image statistics is now running in a background thread
In the 3 months since the last release more than 300 bugs were fixed.
Not everything could be fixed in time, so here are the most important known issues
New feature list
Complete list of new features since MITK 2012.06
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2014, at 15:35.
- This page has been accessed 22,736 times.