MITK ReleaseNotes 2012.06
This release is the first in the new MITK release cycle. We decided to change our release cycle to a date based one and will provide releases more regularly in the future.
Since it's a long time since the last official version (0.14) was released a lot of things changed. We tried to summarize the highlights. The complete list of new features, bug fixes and known issues is down on this page.
There are binary installers for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. These installers contain a precompiled application with some basic plugins for visualization, measurement and interactive segmentation. If you build your own application from source there are even more plugins but they are not as thoroughly tested as these ones.
Please note the installers do not contain the source code or header files to use with the precompiled libraries. To develop applications or plugins with MITK please get the source code.
How to get it?
Please have a look at the download page.
Highlights of MITK 2012-06
- Version control switched to git
- Much simplified build process: Superbuild automatically downloads and builds all external libraries like ITK, VTK, CTK, DCMTK, OpenCV ...
- MITK Project Template: much easier project setup for external users
- CTK Plugin Framework used in the application framework (BlueBerry) as extensibility layer
- Improved shared library size and start-up time with gcc-based compilers (using visibility attributes)
- More and better organized examples: Qt-free rendering, application framework features, tutorial steps ...
- Core library:
- removed dependency to the deprecated IIL library. All images are completely rendered in VTK and performance is increased significantly.
- infrastructure for automated testing of rendering classes
- high-performance volume rendering including software and hardware acceleration for NVidia and ATI devices.
- reworked loading of DICOM CT/MR images, sorting of images into 3D volumes works much more consistent now
- standardized exception handling concept for MITK. Detailed information can be found in the MITK documentation in the part MITK concepts.
- new mitkExtractSliceFilter, for fast and arbitrary reslicing of images which eases the handling of rotated planes in rendering and interactive segmentation
- embedded the C++ micro services project which was developed in the MITK context but can also be used independently, see http://cppmicroservices.org for details. It will be used to replace singletons and factories and enable a more sophisticated runtime extensibility of MITK.
- Warning free MITK Core library ( treat warnings as errors on all platforms)
- PACS-like level window interaction mode (activate it in the preferences)
- Support for loading data via command line arguments (re-using a running application instance or starting a new one)
- Decoupled the default MITK render area (QmitkStdMultiWidget) from MITK application framework components
- New and expanded user manual for many plugins
- New help framework for the application
- New doxygen page bundling more in-depth technical documentation: MITK Concepts
- interactive segmentation on rotated planes
- 3D interpolation for the interactive segmentation
- adaptive region growing
- a deformable clipping plane allows you to plan e.g. organ resections
- boolean operations: combine/intersect/subtract different segmentations
- new classes for tool management
- restructured IGT plugins: new example applications e.g. for basic tracking functionality
- Module for range data support, allows acquisition and processing of range data acquired by Time-of-Flight cameras and the Microsoft Kinect Device. More info
- QmitkToFUtil: Viewer for range data acquired with classes of the ToF modules.
- MITK Diffusion
- MITK Diffusion 2012 application released
- Fiber Processing enhanced (data structures, display and extraction of fibers)
- Gibbs Tracking major bug fix allows reconstruction of more fibers
- Partial volume analysis allows the export of clustering results as gray scale images
- Video support:
- new module containing classes for MITK OpenCV Video support. Supports grabbing of video devices and playback of videos in an MITK RenderWindow as well as conversion of OpenCV images to MITK images and vice versa.
- new mesh decimation plugin
- central examples plugin
- central image measurement and statistics plugin
- deformable clipping plane plugin
Not everything could be fixed in time, so here are the most important known issues
The complete list of new features since 0.14:
- This page was last modified on 1 June 2016, at 15:17.
- This page has been accessed 24,802 times.